Sunday, April 13, 2008

DAKOTA FANNING Autograph!


WHAT EXACTLY IS A NICE DAY? People tell you to have one all the time, my bank teller invariably says to me without fail, “Have a nice day.” Does he mean it? Of course not, he doesn’t know me he doesn’t care. Do you often ever really have one? . . . Most of my days qualify as crappy if you want to know the truth. “Have a crappy day.” is probably more apropos. Have a nice day, that social catch phrase is so over worked, trite, and clichéd that it has lost all vestige of any real meaning.

Well, guess what? Yesterday, I had what qualifies as a bonafide NICE DAY! Aside from a pleasant lunch spent with my friend Richard, you'll never guess what I received in the mail! When I got home, let the dogs out, I absolutely couldn’t believe it, underneath a mundane stack of bills, junk mail and Netflix. There was this ubiquitous white envelope marked with a return “Universal City.” I felt electric. I just knew what it was the second I saw it. I was flabbergasted, pleased, and happy all at the same time! I should think I danced around the living room most foolishly, and for a brief moment my excitement was such, I couldn’t lay hands on my $100 Cutco® paring knife so I could slit open the envelope. I was that delighted!

I wrote Dakota for the first time shortly after MAN ON FIRE and received her b/w autograph “Age 10.” I wrote her again in October 2006. It has been so long, I’d long since abandoned any expectations. I figured she wasn’t signing as much as she used to and since I’d already received one autograph, it was too much to hope to be so lucky to ever receive a second autograph. No age, but she still does her cute little heart exclamation points.



Dakota is so cool; she is so awesome to her fans!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's so true; sometimes I feel really dumb telling people to have a nice day- like me saying that is going to make or break their day. Granted, sometimes a person needs some cheer, but....
Very cool that you got that from Dakota- very nice picture, too! Sorta makes me want to send for one.... :c)
Eddy ~~~